SUICIDE PREVENTION COMMUNITY FORUM 2
hosted by the
FNQ SUICIDE PREVENTION TASKFORCE
THE DR EDWARD KOCH FOUNDATION
Come along and join with other members of the community for half a day that will focus on suicide related issues affecting our area.
The forum aims to gather together community, government, non-government and business/industry stakeholders to collectively identify the needs of the region related to suicide prevention, intervention and postvention.
This is the last of three events which will engage the community in a regional approach to community based suicide prevention planning and action. The outcomes of these events will be the delivery of the Cairns & Hinterland Suicide Prevention Action Plan.
VENUE: Brother's League Club, 99-105 Anderson Street, Manunda
WHEN: Thursday 5 June 2017, 8:30am to 12:00pm
FREE ADMISSION. Refreshments will be served.
Registration essential before 31 May 2017.
Register by phoning 07 4053 6757 or by clicking here.
Background to the Cairns & Hinterland Suicide Prevention Community Plan
The NQPHN is focussed on a regional approach to community based suicide prevention planning and action. Therefore, they support planning of local community based suicide prevention activity through a more systems and evidence based regional approach that:
- Is in partnership with Hospital and Health Services and other local organisations
- Is integrated with mental health and substance use services
- Builds the capacity of primary health care services to support people at risk
- Includes a focus on reducing suicide in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (and CALD) communities
- Supports improvements to post discharge care
The FNQ Suicide Prevention Taskforce (a project of the Dr Edward Koch Foundation) is being resourced by the NQPHN to deliver the following components before 30 June 2017.
- Key Stakeholder Engagement and linkage with other planning initiatives
- Support for people with a lived experience to contribute
- Community Forum/s and related communication
- Community Action Planning Workshop/s with skilled facilitation
- Incorporation of appropriate researcher input
- Collaboration with the CHHHS re their discharge planning processes
- Action Plan finalisation an stakeholder commitment
- Input to NQPHN funding decisions for 2017/18 and their evaluation
The FNQ Suicide Prevention Taskforce has committed to deliver the Cairns & Hinterland Suicide Prevention Community Action Plan through a whole of community suicide prevention planning process based around the Cairns and Hinterland HHS catchment area with the SPCAP (after full engagement) finalised by 30.6.2017.
Watch this space for further information.